Our Journey in Faith
Fundraising at St. Begh's
At the end of each half-term we hold a fundraising event. Often the causes supported are suggested by the children.
This year so far:
Each October, we collect for our local Foodbank. This year, the volunteers had to make two trips to collect all our bags!
We have raised money for:
- Diabetes UK and the Diabetes Ward at West Cumberland Hospital (suggested by Miss Banks, a member of staff who has diabetes herself).
- Sponsoring a snow leopard (suggested by Emie & Amber in Year 5 as part of their learning about stewardship of the earth).
- CAFOD to buy water kits (suggested by Amber & Isla in Year 5). This is part of our Lenten fundraising for 2018.
- We have raised money for the NSPCC with a danceathon.
- We have collected old clothes for the Fire Fighters' Charity.